This Christmas me and my friend Saru have decided to only give each other hand-made pressies, as we did not get to see each other over Christmas ours will be this Saturday. Saru has only started with crochet about a year ago so she is not all that well equipped yet, therefore I decided to make her a bag for her hooks. When I started, I had no idea what it was supposed to look like once it was finished, but then I came across a really nice piece of fabric and it kind of all happened from there.
I first wanted to make the closing mechanism (would you still call it a mechanism when it comes to items like this? Oh well you know what I mean) out of ribbons which I wanted to sew at the back of the square bit, soon realised it would be too fiddly if you wanted to quickly put something away, so I went for buttons instead. But once they were on they looked really boring, so I decided to make flowers as their button holes to brighten the whole thing up ( as if the colours wouldn’t be bright enough already).
My sewing, as you can see on the close-ups really could do with refining, but I guess for my first attempt as a grown up (a grown up with terrible eye sight I may add) I don’t think it’s all that bad. But there is definitely some practice needed ( or maybe just more light when I work). Anyhow, there it is… another pressie for Saru! I hope she likes it 🙂